Lions Auto Vehicle GPS Tracking FAQs
We’ve compiled a list of questions frequently asked by customers and the members of the public at large.
How to choose the best GPS tracker?
We offer several types of GPS trackers, including GPS personal trackers, GPS vehicle trackers and tracking solutions; each one with its own features and capabilities. Depending on the specific usage and objectives you are planning, some devices will perform better than others. Contact us now for more info.
How does our GPS Tracker work?
Our GPS Tracking devices contain two modules:
1. GPS module: This module will allow the locator device to get its location from the GPS satellites.
2. GSM module: This module acts almost as a cell phone. It transmits the information received from the GPS module to the cellular networks and from there to our servers. Once the information is received in our servers, special software processes it and presents it to you in our GPS Tracking web system.
What types of tracking systems are there?
There are two types of GPS Tracking Systems:
• Real Time tracking systems: This type of system will collect the information of the vehicle and send it immediatelly or every 30 seconds to the servers that will process the information. This type of system is ideal when it is a priority to have an on-line, instant control of the vehicles activities.
• Passive tracking systems: This type of system will collect the information of the vehicle and store in the memory of the GPS device. It is ideal for those cases when requirements are less strict.
What is Lions Auto product warranty?
All products provided by Lions Auto have been strictly Quality Checked in house before distribution and/or installation. One year warranty is provided for all models. We will bear maintenance cost during the warranty period.
How do I access my account?
You will be provided with an online account and given login credentials. You will also be given the website address for your GPS tracking needs. Any computer with a working standard Internet browser can be used to login and locate the vehicle(s).
What is the difference between Geo-fence Alarm Report and Track by Distance Report?
After setting Geo-fence way points, you can set alarm when the tracker enters or exits the way point. While for Track by Distance, the message will be sent only when the moving distance reaches preset value.
- I have set Speeding Alarm at 100Km/h via sms command successfully. Why can’t I get an notification whenever the speed limit is reached?
- 1. Battery is low. Charge the unit with 12V external power for at least half hour;
2. Make sure GPS gets signal;
3. SIM card has run out of credit. Please top up the SIM card;
4. The phone number is not authorized and Speeding Alarm event flag haven’t been set. Or the authorized phone number is not correct.
After making a phone call to the unit, why is there no SMS received?
1. The phone number you are calling with may not be an authorized number.
2. Make sure the unit is already connected to GSM network;
3. SIM card has run out of credit. Please top up the SIM card
5. SIM card doesn’t have function of displaying incoming call number.
Why can’t the unit connect to server via GPRS?
1. Battery is low. Charge the unit with 12V external power for at least half an hour.
2. GPRS tracking settings is not correctly set-send command via sms/mobile App.
3. The tracking unit has run out of data/airtime
4. Area has no GPRS connection
Lions Auto Prices
Lions Auto has always striven to make its products & services reasonably competitively affordable in the Kenyan market.
Depending on the service required, pricing is always different across our products and from one customer/ corporate to another. However, we encourage potential customers not to shy away from speaking to us, as we’re always ready to listen and reason together with our.